My last post featured all the new furniture I bought. And among them was my 4 “new” dining chairs for $15 each.
Do you see a problem with them? Correct, it is not upholstered. But with $30 in foam and another $30 in fabric, the chairs cost a total of $120. I assume that when we sell them we can sell each for $30 at least and make back the cost of them.
While I love these and they are antique, my dream chairs are these or a variation of these:
But each one of those is at least $90 and can be all the way up to $200. Which is too rich for my blood currently.
So, in the mean time I get to practice upholstering and doing projects.
I took Robert to JoAnn Fabrics and of course we looked at all of them and decided we only liked one. Which was custom order only. Of course. The funny part was it was the same price (and same 50% discount) as all the rest of the “regular” fabric. Just the inconvenience of shipping it.
I couldn’t get the 1.5 yards I needed so I bought 2 yards instead. I will most likely use it for my “shoe chair” I also recently got at a thrift store.
I had to wait until after our dance convention to upholster them but I did asap. Side note, cutting foam is difficult.
You can see on the top right of the cushion that it had a few issues being cut. But it isn’t too noticable.
Here is the before and after.
I think they look really nice. And if we ever sell them I think they will be well received.
Here they are all finished and with the dining table.